As I really get good into my 40’s there are some lifestyle shifts taking place intentionally and some unintentional. I am proud to be my age, I don’t look my age, and I want to ensure I continue to be mindful and show my kids how to mature peacefully and with grace.
- First I notice no matter what the situation is, I focus on the good and positive. No I don’t ignore what happened. But I don’t dwell on it either. I know from experience acknowledging what is, and moving on to the good is better for my mental health. As well as me progressing into the life I want to live. Focus on the good and keep positive.
- Love my body, hair, and skin as is. I’m not willing to do anything unhealthy to get the ”perfect” body, hair, and skin. Having imperfection on my skin is normal and what makes me, me. Getting a little frizz I’ve come Love, as it give me texture and volume. My body is amazing at this stage in my life after having 3 children. Love the body and skin you’re in. Just continue to take care of it and Love it at every stage.
- Following my heart and doing what makes me feel good. No more of me saying yes or volunteering myself when I don’t want to. We’re all guilty of this. But I’ve learned to let the guilt go of letting someone down. I no longer will put myself in an uncomfortable position to make someone else feel good.
- Keeping things simple these last couple of years has helped my mental and emotional wellness. One of my favorite sayings is, ”If I have to think about it more than once or if it’s taking me too long to make a decision then, it’s not worth it.” I’m not into going around the block to figure something out. I’ll go with my gut, and let the rest play out. I’ve learned to trust my instincts and not over analyze.
- Moisture is key. Keeping my skin looking young and healthy is about me keeping moisturized. The skin on my body is essential as I mature. Focusing on my hands throughout the day is a priority for me now. I have skinny fingers. So when they get dry, they look like dried up french fries. Also my hair is a part of my Moisture routine. Moisture Moisture Moisture.
- Enjoy nature as much as I can. Going for a walk and trying different trails and parks is very therapeutic. Being outside in nature is a freeing feeling and allows me to completely let my walls down. Hearing the different sounds and sometimes hearing nothing gives a good sense of peace. SELF CARE HABITS: 8 DAILY HABITS TO FEEL YOUR BEST
- Treat myself often. Now this doesn’t have to be anything expensive. But if I want to have a latte from the coffee shop I’m going to treat myself. If I just want a new lipstick I will treat myself. Give back to yourself. Reward yourself. You deserve it and worked hard.
- Less is more and I Love it. Eliminating options on a daily allows me to be more productive. It begins in the morning by keeping my routine simple to jump start the day. SIMPLE SELF CARE MORNING ROUTINE WHEN FEELING BLUE Keeping clothes, jewelry, meals, and schedule simple prevents overwhelming episodes from happening. Don’t make life difficult.
Those are 8 differences I noticed since being in my 40’s. I’m loving this stage of my life and I know if I continue I’ll be better for myself and my family. Have fun, keep things simple, and take care of yourself.
Be well on your journey.
Be you so you can be free.