To all my single moms out there, you guys rock !!!!! However, single mom self care is vital to your well being. Yes, you can practice self care if you are a single mom. Furthermore, you deserve a moment, you are doing an amazing job, and single mom self care is possible, here are some easy and effective tips for you.
In No Particular Order…
- You already possess the time ⏰ needed to practice self care. Get rid of the idea that you don’t have time because you don’t have a partner. You just have to allocate your time differently. Believe and know you have what you need.
- Scheduling 📝 and using a calendar 📅 will make your life easier to manage. Use a calendar to keep up with activities 🤾🏽♂️, appointments, and other obligations. Be sure to adjust the time if the appointment changes. Schedule everything. Your hair 💇🏾♀️appointment. Nail 💅🏾 appointment. Spa appointment. Even schedule exercise.
- Piggy backing off of single mom self care tip # 2, exercise 🧘🏾♀️is a must for you. It’s more for your mental and emotional health than anything. Use this time to get creative and do different classes 🤽🏾♀️. There are many resources online to take advantage of and do with friends. That way you are exercising, having some time with friends, and getting a break from the kids at the same time.
- This probably should have been first, but wake 🛌 up before the kids 👩👧👦. Use the hour or two before they wake up to just sit and be. Shower and get ready for work in peace. Have a cup of coffee. Check emails in peace. Meditate. Read. Pray.
- Make plans to go out. Have a set time, rather it’s once a month 📅or weekly. Whatever you need to fulfill your need to socialize with adults, do so.
- I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again, get creative. Find a hobby🎨 or something that sparks your interest. Keep your mind going and have something substantial to occupy your time.
- Volunteer. Be of service👩🏾💻 to something or someone. While you’re lending a helping hand to someone else your spirit is being filled. On the plus side, you get to meet amazing new people.
- Have a date with the 👩👧👧kids. Get them out the house and do something fun. Learn their interest and what’s on their mind as they are growing. A different scenery🏖 for the family will open everyone up.
- Meal prep. Make your life easy with planning 🥗meals. This avoid eating out as well as keeping the family on a healthy lifestyle.
- Rest, relax, and 🛋take a day off. Give yourself some credit and plan a day off to do nothing. Do so while they are at school. You can binge watch all day in peace in quiet. How To Boost Your Confidence With Daily Self Care
Bonus Tip: Kiss the kids every night.
These are just a few quick and easy self care tips any single mom can do. It doesn’t matter what your budget is or where you live. Know that you worthy and deserving. You are an amazing parent. Most importantly your kids will benefit from you practicing self care. So go ahead do what you need to do to make yourself feel good.
Be you so you can be free.