There are 5 personal mantras that I live by to help me stay grounded. These are personal mantras that help me maintain my happiness, stay true to who I am, and give me motivation to keep going no matter what the circumstances are. 5 WINS OF THE WEEK
5 Personal Mantras For A Happier Life
- Follow your heart, gut, and instinct. They won’t lead you wrong. There have been many times in my life where I wanted to do something or start something but was looking for outside validation. Mainly because what I wanted to do was against the norm of my family or friends. So to start anything no one has done in your immediate support is scary. In the times I did mention what I was thinking about doing, I immediately got rejected or discouraged from doing so. Admittedly, some things I ended up not doing because of that. After many years of suppressing my desires and dreams I finally developed the courage and confidence to follow my heart no matter what others said or how scared I was. When you follow your gut it’s a huge release because you know you’re making decisions for yourself.
- Never be so loyal to a fault. I’ve learned to not be so loyal to the detriment of myself. Loyalty is a great trait to possess. However, it can be used against you and manipulated. Sometimes we can be so loyal to someone we hurt ourselves in the long run. I’ve seen this many times working in the corporate world. While you’re thinking about others, that person is busy making sure they’re set and not worried about how you’re going to make it. This can be in any relationship you possess. Don’t lose yourself being loyal to a fault.
- Never regret anything in life. My father told me this at a very young age. It has stuck with me like glue. NO matter what decision you’ve made, don’t regret it. Even if it doesn’t work out how you thought, there is still a lesson to be made. Having regrets in life forces you down a path of living in the past, unable to make decisions, and low self confidence. Make the best choices and decisions you can with what’s available to you and learn from the rest. Even with all information, we all still won’t make the “best” decision.
- Allow yourself to be human. Feel your emotions, good and bad. It’s ok to get angry, sad, upset, cry, excited, and happy. They are there to teach you about yourself. Mistakes are going to be made. No one on this planet is perfect. Don’t strive for perfection either. Lastly, ask for help. There is strength, courage, and confidence in asking for help. Sometimes we don’t know how much easier life would be if we would ask for help when needed.
- Don’t be afraid to step out alone. Always stand out never fit in. Step outside the box and think different. Have different opinions, style, and live differently. The more you embrace being different the more you broaden your horizons. We were all made differently. So it’s perfectly ok to not have the same thought or opinions as friends and family. That’s what makes you, you.
Those are my 5 mantras I live by and don’t stray away from. Applying these to my everyday life reminds me of who I am at the core. These mantras can be applied at home, work, in social settings, and anywhere you need affirmations.
Be well on your journey.
Be you so you can be free.
One thought on “5 PERSONAL MANTRAS FOR A HAPPIER LIFE”