Practicing self care is all the buzz right now. However, there are some unpopular opinions about self that may help someone out there who is struggling to get a handle on this thing called self care. As always, do what works for you. Engage in activity and self love practices that brings you joy and peace. I thought I’d share some unpopular opinions about self care.
- You don’t have to wake up at 5a.m. If you are a night person, then sleeping in may be what is best for you. As long as you get a good amount of sleep. As well as, be the most productive you, you can be. If you are a 7a.m. Person that is perfectly fine.
- Along with waking up at 5a.m. You don’t have to exercise that early either. Me personally, I’m an evening workout person. It best suits me and I get the job done. The goal is to get in some kind of physical activity daily to ensure you’re taking care of that part of self care.
- Donuts, chips, candy, ice cream, and cake you can have. You don’t have to deprive yourself of sweets. It’s called moderation. Enjoy life, and the sweets it has to offer. You know what you can handle and what you can’t. So the next time you’re on vacation enjoy all the food that is offered.
- No one said you have to have 2-3 jobs to be successful or productive. If your one job is great and you love it, it takes care of you and your family then you are good. Juggling many jobs or side hustles isn’t for everyone. There is this thing called life you still have to enjoy.
- Working a 9-5 is ok. Not everyone is an entrepreneur or wants to own their business. Don’t feel the pressures to create a business or become an entrepreneur. Make sure you love what you do and enjoy going to work everyday.
- Journaling isn’t for everyone. Not everyone has the patience to sit down and write out their thoughts. Or feel the need to purge thoughts. It’s perfectly ok, if you don’t journal, have no interest, and isn’t your thing.
- You don’t have to have a master plan or grand vision. Waking up and living life as the day come is amazing in itself. Actually, doing this will lead you to what really makes your heart flutter.
- Having friends are a good thing. Knowing your boundaries and setting them is key. But we all need friends to get through life. The love, laughter, and sheer companionship both male and females need. Not one person on this earth can do life alone. Girlfriends…Why We Need Them
- Social media can be a good thing. Not every aspect of social is media bad. Find what works for you and leave the rest. Moderation and filtering out the negative is key.
Those are just some unpopular opinions about self care and self love. Hopefully, this will help some not feel so pressured, confused, or overwhelmed when finding their routine. Remember to enjoy your one life. Go at your pace and enjoy the journey.
Be well on your journey.
Be you so you can be free.