Lately because work has been slow, I had begun to get these afternoon slumps. I had to switch somethings up in my routine to give myself an afternoon pick me up. Here are a couple of tips to beat that afternoon slump.
- Healthy Snack. Because I work in an office setting and sit at a desk for hours it’s important for me to choose wisely when it comes to snacking. Try this very tasty but inexpensive blend mix to give you some energy. https://amzn.to/3aFamU2 This week I focused on packing fresh fruits, several different kinds of trail mix, and a good protein bar. All are packed with natural flavors, low sugar, and high in protein. Opting for a healthy snack provides more energy and benefits than cookies, chips, or candy.
- Water. Water. Water. Staying hydrated is a must. The more water I drink the more I’m going to have to get up and go to the bathroom, which is a good thing. The more water you drink the less you snack. Also the more water you drink, is a great way to reduce belly bloating. And of course your skin stays clear. Yes, I slice lemon in the morning, place it in a baggy, and in my lunch bag. This helps me keep variety and flavor with my water. Limit the soda and sugary coffee drinks that will give you an afternoon crash.
- Get Up and Move. Taking a 5-10 minute break is essential to beating the afternoon slump. Go outside, get some fresh air, and walk around. 6 TIPS FOR MONDAY MORNING BLUES Give your eyes a break from looking at a computer screen. This will give you a natural boost of energy. If you can, go to a coworker desk and have a quick chit chat. Don’t do anything work related for a few moments.
- Turn on tunes. Sometimes if it’s too quiet I will turn on some soft music. If you can, create some noise or distraction for you to focus on where only you can hear at your desk. If I don’t do some soft jazz, I’ll turn an audio book, or video on YouTube. The goal here is to give your mind something else to hear and focus on.
- Routine Switch. This is simple and works. Among your daily tasks switch up your routine. Find a way to make your job interesting but yet still productive. Doing the same thing day after day will get boring and provides lack of enthusiasm. Bonus Tip: Get creative and switch your desk around. Spruce up your work area.
These tips to beat the afternoon slump is for anyone to use. You don’t have to work in an office setting. If you work from home these are great tips. If you’re a stay at home mom, the tips can help. Adjust and tailor them to fit your needs.
Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Be you so you can be free.