There are somethings that I do every weekend to help me jump start the week. Of course, our self care habits on the weekend looks different than the weekday habits. On the other hand, I’ve noticed, I have some self care weekend habits that I’ve been doing for years. These habits helps me mentally prepare for the week and keeps me organized.
- Change Linen. 🛌 Every Saturday or Sunday, I have to change the linen on everyone’s bed. This is something I did as a little girl growing up with my parents. So I guess I just kept that tradition going. But it’s not just changing sheets. It’s a symbolic way of leaving the week prior behind or throwing it away. Sort of like a spiritual cleansing. Not too mention, the cleanliness effect it has on keeping your home well kept.
- Shred Mail. 📨 To help keep the clutter at bay, I shred mail on the weekend. Organization, clutter, and chaos in the home is a reflection of your life. So I like to get rid of any old mail, bills that have been paid, and junk to keep it from piling up. This has been a huge boost for clarity and keeping up with important finances. Handle Your Business…Get Your Finances Together In the meantime, it’s a great confidence booster to your mental knowing you’re being responsible and handling business.
- Clean fridge. 🥡 After a long week of cooking and the kids placing half of a water bottle in the fridge, all week, I like to clean it out. This prevents me from spending money on things at the grocery that I already have. It’s always good to clean out and rotate any food to the front that needs to be used first. Also, I am able to figure out what I plan to cook for the week.
- Deep Condition Hair. 💇♀️ I do a good deep condition on my hair. After working out all week, I like to give my hair some TLC. I’m not one to go to the salon, I enjoy doing my hair myself. Once again, it’s how I love on myself. I challenge myself to learn and do it. The act and process of washing and conditioning boosts myself esteem. To know I’m taking time to make my hair healthy and feel good is a great confidence booster.
- Set Calendar. 📅 I go over everyone schedule and set the times and dates in my phone. This gives me an idea of how the week is going to go. I can plan meals, appointments, and other things around what we all have going on. However, I allow for adjustments and rescheduling. 📝 Nothing is ever set in stone. Sometimes it’s good to have an outline of the week. On one hand, you’re not going in blindly, but not bound either.
- Sleep In. 😴 After waking up at 5a.m. ⏱ during the week, I like to sleep in. Now my idea of sleeping in is to 7 or 8 in the morning. I can’t lay there for too long, as I’ve got older my body hurts. But I typically wake up earlier, I just tend to lay there and day dream for a while. It rejuvenates my body and give it the rest it needs. Self Care: Sleep Routine
The weekends are a time to relax and unwind. But we do have responsibilities that need to be taken care of. Therefore, our small weekend self care habits helps keeps us structured. I know there are many other weekend self care habits that we all do. As always, the goal is to help you have a easier life so you can enjoy your days.
Be you so you can be free.