The suns out. The birds are chirping in the morning. The days are getting longer. Layers of clothing are shedding. Riding with the windows down. People are running and walking their dogs. That my friends means we are closing in on Spring season and there are some seasonal self care tips that’s essential. After the winter season we just had, its even more imperative to transition our self care to match Spring. Especially those of us who’ve spent the latter part in snow and ice.
Which means at seasons change there are some seasonal self care tips that we can do to recharge and motivate ourselves. Sometimes freshening up somethings and making a change of scenery will make all the difference in how you approach the days in the upcoming season. To stay the same year round is detrimental to our mental and emotional health. Check out my personal list of self care tips for the spring.
Self Care tips for Spring:
- Clean the Home. Purge old clothes, shoes 👠 , furniture pieces, pots and pans, and any clutter that isn’t serving a purpose in your daily happiness. The physical act of getting rid of things mentally and emotionally motivates us to think new and tap into something different.
- In addition to cleaning the home, rearrange your furniture. Changing the visual layout in your home 🏡 allows you to fall in love with your house over and over again. That room that you really don’t sit in any more become more inviting and useful.
- Thirdly, the easiest spring self care tip you can do is to open those blinds and curtains every morning. Adding sunshine🌞 and natural light to your home brightens your spirit instantly. Meanwhile it encourages and inspires us to want to go outside.
- Another way to purify your home and spirit is by adding some greenery to your home with a plant🪴or add flowers 🌸 . If you choose you can even get a faux plant or flower arrangement. For some thats even better because you can really change the color and setting as often as you like.
- GO OUTSIDE!!!!! My favorite of all time is to go for a walk. The mental benefits of walking 🚶🏾♀️almost out weigh the physical benefits. For instance, each time you go for a walk, try a different park, trail, or route. Being with nature and having the ability to clear your mind is the best free therapy. For example, outdoor activity thats great for the mental and emotional health is to go to a park, find a bench, and meditate. Don’t open your phone or listen to music🎶 . Listen to nature, enjoy the scenery, the children playing in the park, have a small conversation with someone in the park, and be free.
- change your hair color. Get a hair💇🏾♀️ cut. Add some color to your wardrobe. We all know when we change our hair it lights a fire in us that we’ve been missing. Get your sass back.
- Next, changing your hygiene products will compliment your outer refresh. Pick out a different scent of soap or body wash. Lighten your lotion or moisturizer 🧴 . change the perfume to match the light, airy, colorfulness of the spring season.
- Plan a day trip or weekend trip. However, not everyone wants to have a grand vacation or have the ability to do so. So planning small trips to a city or town🎡 you’ve never been is more fun, entertaining, and educational.
- Finally, my favorite grill as often as you can. You don’t have to wait for a holiday to enjoy your backyard. Grilling 🌭allows the family to spend quality time together and it gives your stove a break.
- Enjoy this spring season, we aren’t going to get it back. Spring is light, colorful, breezy, and nurturing. Tap into the season of spring and live like your life depends on it.
To sum it all up nature changes from season to season. Therefore we should as well. Just like the leaves fall, we should shed some dead weight physically, mentally, and emotionally. Above all else, you made it through the harsh winter now its time for you to blossom like the flowers 💐 in Spring.
Be you so you can be free.