It’s hot outside and there are some summer beauty self care practices that I like to do to help me get through to the next season. In no particular order, here are some of my tips, tricks, and essentials.SPRING SELF CARE TIPS YOU CAN DO NOW
- Exfoliation-Of course we all know the benefits of exfoliation and removing dead skin cells. For me, exfoliating my face at least 3x a week and my body everyday almost is essential for my skin. Because I love to take a walk 🧘🏾♀️ outside and get some natural vitamin d, the sweat, grime, and environment gets into my skin. I don’t stop there, because I do workout and sweat more in the summer, it’s essential for me to do a scalp exfoliation. Literally from head to toe exfoliation is important.
- Moisturize-I know this seems completely against the norm, but even in the warm months moisturizer🧴 is an important summer beauty self care habit. Especially after tip #1 in exfoliating, moisturizing afterwards plumps your skin back up. Opt for a light water gel moisturizer for your face, a light body moisturizer that isn’t too heavy, or you can use those in shower moisturizers. Moisture is key for youthful looking skin from head to toe.
- Fragrance-We all still want to smell good. We are going lighter on the products as well as clothing. Go for a mild fragrance the last all day. I am a huge fan of Philosophy Pure Grace. This is a classic and timeless fragrance that walks with you all day. Also one thing about Pure Grace is you can layer it with other light fragrances.
- Colorful Diet-Lots of fruits, veggies, 🥗and water. You can go for fruit salads. Play around with many different kinds of green salads. Also a great refresher is fruit infused water. DIY Cucumber Lemon Water GREAT REFRESHERStaying hydrated often and daily is important to your summer self care. Not to mention, the more colorful your palette, the more vitamins and nutrients help with your skin and hair.
- Sunscreen-Please do not skip out on the sunscreen. Make sure to keep it on your hands while you’re driving. Also on your arm that sits under the window while you’re driving. Of course face and neck while exposed. If it’s quite hot, opt to not go out in the peak hours .
- Mani & Pedi-Have fun with your mani and pedi. 💅🏾Play with colors, patterns, and designs. Keep them fresh and show your personality through your mani and pedi. Going back to tip #1, always keep a pumice stone in the shower to ensure your feet stay smooth all summer long.
- Minimal Makeup-Keep your 💄 routine light and simple. Let your natural glow and skin come through. After moisturizer and sunscreen, enhance you beauty with a few products. Brow gel, mascara, primer that blurs, and a nice hot pink lipstick. Or shade of your choice. In the summer I always love to go bold on the lipstick.
- Fun-Enjoy your summer and have fun. 🤽🏾♀️No matter if you’re hanging out in the backyard or going on a vacation elsewhere. Soak up the sun and enjoy your life. You only get one. You’re not going to get summer 2021 back again. There aren’t any redo’s.
That’s all for my summer beauty self care essentials tips and tricks. As always, take care of yourself mentally and emotionally first. Then let the beauty on the inside shine through and glow on the outside. Have a great summer. Be safe!!!!!!
Be you so you can be free.