You can have a great week or 2 days. But when that bad day happens out of nowhere, it throws our balance off. Keeping mental health reminders daily, weekly, or monthly is essential to keeping your mental bank in the green. I was one that thought I could make a deposit every once in a while, but quickly realized to get where I wanted mentally and emotionally I had to do daily deposits.
10 Mental Health Reminders
- Be happy in the journey. In every stage and step enjoy where you are. Remember the step you’re at now is where you once prayed to get to.
- Document your process or journey. This road is going to go on a roundabout, curve, highway, through, valleys, mountains, and on a dirt road. This journey isn’t linear. You’re going to get off course for a reason.
- Set small goals. Don’t overwhelm yourself with going 100 miles. Get to 10 miles, celebrate it, document those 10 miles, and push to the next 20.
- Do something every day. I don’t care how big or small. Do something for your well-being everyday. Read, write your thoughts, talk to a friend, educate yourself on something you want to do.
- Let go of what you can’t control. It’s wasting time worrying about something old, done, and you can’t change. 7 MENTAL HEALTH REMINDERS FOR EMOTIONAL DAYS
- Eliminate stress. Whatever it is that soothes you, use it and release tensions. You can’t operate dehydrated, overworked, tired, and stretched thin. Boundaries.
- Work on not entertaining negative self talk, negative interactions with others, negative thoughts, negative content, and immediately replace with affirmations, prayer, and happy thoughts.
- Write 10 things you are grateful for everyday. This will put your spirit in a place of peace and comfort. In turn, will allow you to enjoy where you are.
- Do not respond emotionally. Nor respond to anyone who is emotional. Let things simmer. Feelings are temporary. No one is receptive when emotions are high. That’s why when things calm down backpedaling happens.
- Be patient with yourself, the process, and where you are. When it’s time to progress you will. Get all you need at each step to fulfill yourself.
Be you so you can be free.