1. Be mindful of what you say and do. Not only the “what” but who you say it to. Also who you do certain things around. We want to be trusting and think everyone will be good to us. However, the reality of it is they aren’t. Not everyone has the best intentions. What we say and do will get twisted around.
2. Don’t bite your nails. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with my own daughter. I finally got through to her, to stop biting her nails. Our hands are the first thing people see outside of our teeth. Ladies when we go in to shake a persons hand, please make sure we have well manicured and moisturized hands.
3. Opt for a tight small circle of friends. Having too many people around can create unnecessary drama. Too many personalities and points of views cause tensions within the group. You never want to be in a situation where you may have to choose a side. FACTS ABOUT INTROVERTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
4. Watch your language. We all have had a slip up, but especially watching your language in public is important . You never know who’s around and who’s paying attention. Not to mention, in this digital age, you definitely will be recorded. You don’t want to miss out on a dream opportunity over non sense.
6. Use your manners and maintain self respect. If you don’t take anything else from me, know you are watched and people take notice. Don’t get loud in stores and draw unwanted attention to yourself. Distant yourself from those who seek negative attention. Especially in public.
7. You can be sexy and not show skin. Leave something to the imagination. Unfortunately, we live in a world where you will be judged based off your appearance. Make sure what you are presenting is what you want to be interpreted.
8. Do your own research. Don’t always believe what people say. Learn for yourself so you can have your own thoughts, views, and opinions. Having your own mind will allow you to trust yourself and instincts, therefore not being able to be manipulated easily.
9. Don’t pick your skin or face. If you have a breakout, it is perfectly normal. I was guilty of this so bad. Trust me it will take you a lifetime to clear up the acne scars from picking your skin. Create a good skin care regimen, drink water, exercise, and have a good diet to help with your skin.
10. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. I have never been one shy to ask for help. It pains me to see so many people in a frenzy but won’t ask for help. We are always going to need help. Asking for help is a sign of strength.
I’m pretty sure there are a million other tips we all can think of to offer the younger ladies. Those are just a few I had in mind. If I can help a young lady have a more simple and stress fee life, then my job is done.
Be you so you can be free.